All of girls would like to be more and more beautiful, and makeup is the strategic method making you enhance your beauty to the next level, and you can't get the perfect makeup look without using good makeup tools.
Here you have to pay much more attention to your makeup tool, and today I am going to share with the tips on how to clean a makeup brush.
Do you guys remember when was the last time you cleaned your makeup brushes? And here is the question you can ask yourself about your makeup brush cleaning plan.
How often do you clean your makeup brushes?
Makeup brushes are the important makeup tools you have to use when you makeup every time, and it is super important to keep your face in a healthy condition to keep away from the bacterias and germ outside.
Clean makeup brushes can help you avoid many skin problems like allergies, infections caused by untidy makeup brushes.
Here I do recommend that you guys can clean your makeup brushes using the soap regularly, once a week at least. And don't forget to replace the new makeup brushes regularly, and don't keep using the same makeup brush or makeup sponge all the time.
Why you need to clean makeup brush?
You use the makeup brushes touch your face, so it is bascially important to keep them clean and tidy, and please remember that keep your makeup brushes dry as much as possible, to reduce bacterial growth.
Frequent makeup brush cleaning can make your skin cleaner and better, to enhace your overall makeup look to the next level.
The makeup brush hairs and sponges are porous, so that you can hold and catch the dirty substances in the air, like oil, debris, dust, and baterias.
And you will get your makeup look spotty because of these baterias, and it will become more difficult for you to blend your makeup products well onto your skin.
It is super important for you to clean your makeup brush properly, making your makeup brushes clean and tidy all the time, for your daily use with health and safety.
How to clean makeup brush?
Here are 3 methods helping you clean your makeup brushes, here we go!
1. Use a Brush Cleanser
2. Use a brush cleanser tool
3. Use a DIY cleaner
You can DIY cleaner to wash your makeup brush tools, enjoying the pleasure of cleaning makeup brushes at the same time. In a word, nothing is right except you have done it. So just have a try to open your mind to wash your makeup brushes following your own instructions, and then you will find something surprising.
A step-by-step makeup brush cleaning method
Here I am sharing with you the step-by-step tutorial about how to clean a makeup brush in the following:
- Squeeze a dollop of gentle shampoo into a glass/mug and fill with warm water
- Swirl your makeup brushes in the water and gently massage the bristles to further remove the gunk
- Rinse the makeup brush with clean water and carefully squeeze the water out
- Lay flat to dry, it is important to keep your makeup brushes dry without any humidity.
- For day-to-day cleaning, use a brush cleaner for intense washing, here you can use your picked makeup cleaner.
- Pour a small amount of the blue liquid into a small cup and dip your makeup brush to saturate
- Gingerly swirl the makeup brush on a paper towel which will absorb the cleanser, taking the dirt with it.
How to clean makeup brushes without brush cleaner?
If you don't have the makeup brush cleaners at currect, you can just wash your makeup brush in the clean water.
Keep your makeup brush immersed in the water, and wait for some time to make the dust melted.
You can rinse the makeup brush by your hands, shaking the brush hairs to keep away the big particles.
How to clean a foundation makeup brush?
Here are many types of makeup brush, so you can use the same cleaning method for foundation makeup brush cleaning.
Here are the steps for cleaning foundation makeup brush.
- Wet the foundation makeup brush with soap water.
- Place a drop of your makeup brush cleaner into the water.
- Rinse your foundation makeup brush for 15-20 minutes.
- Gently massage the tips of the makeup brush hair in your palm.
- Rinse the bristles thoroughly, don't be rude.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture with a clean towel.
- Keep your makeup brush in a cool place, to make it dry.
When to replace your makeup brush?
Makeup brush can't be used all the time, and here is the limit about the life span. And it is the time to replace your makeup brush when you notice that your makeup brush aren’t getting as squeaky clean as they were like before, and hairs are falling out.
You can also check the shedding issues of the makeup brush tool, and also some color fading problems. All of these issues are the signs telling you that it is the right time to replace your makeup brushes.
Fluffy makeup brushes are effective to catch the powder substances, and small particles. So don't forget to replace the makeup brush tool for daily makeup use.